Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Flower Feud

A few weeks back I blogged about a Scholastic assignment I had worked on, where I created the cover art for Too Many Blooms, the first book in the Petal Pushers tween series (if you missed it, keep scrolling back a bit to see it).  
This week I'm showing you the cover art for the second book in this series, Flower Feud.
I was asked to sketch Del and her best friend Becky with a bit of tension between 'em.  These are the two sketches I did...

Once the sketch was chosen we dropped it in the layout to see how it all looked. 
 Looks good (once we reversed)...
so onward to painting...

And here is the final cover design...
Available HERE and HERE.


COPYRIGHT: all artwork © Bella Pilar, all rights reserved.
Please do not remove images from this site without the permission of Bella Pilar Studio.



No comments:

Post a Comment