Thursday, February 20, 2020

An American In Paris

A glimpse at my process...


On the left- a quick pencil sketch followed by a bit of color planning so I know my general direction (which is nothing fancy- just light washes of my gouache paint on a laser print out of sketch).  On the right, the painting - at this point, a work in progress. It's my second go at painting this one.  I’ve been known to tear up a piece half way through (out of serious dissatisfaction and I had the first one I painted next to this one on my table while I painted this second one to remind me what I don’t want to do on this new one. 
And once I’m happy with this second one- oh yes, the first one will be...destroyed (it was really quite muddy and unpleasant, I promise you). 

And here is the final piece:


This is Deborah... an American in Paris.  She decided it was much more fashionable to walk her bicycle, as riding it would only wrinkle her freshly pressed French label coat. 
So she knew to wear ballet flats today for the long stroll- Deborah’s quite stylishly sensible that way. 


COPYRIGHT: all artwork © Bella Pilar, all rights reserved.

Please do not remove images from this site without the permission of Bella Pilar Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment